EQUIP2 Starting a new WebApp
Chris Greenhalgh, 2007-01-29
If you are starting a new EQUIP2-based web application project, then
the suggested way to get started is to:
- copy the whole source tree for the mimimal web application; this
will have src, etc, lib and webapp subdirectories.
- change the name of the copy
- delete all subdirectories called 'CVS' from the copy (and their
contents) (this is the CVS repository information; if you don't remove
this then you will have trouble putting it in a new repository and may
break the EQUIP2 CVS)
- follow the general configuration steps in EQUIP2_WebApp_Configuring_and_Building.html
to reflect the new web application name and database configuration
- define the data classes to be used in your new application, by
authoring bean definition xml files in etc/ (see
and the EQUIP2 document Simple_Bean_Generator.html).
- update the build process to generate Java beans etc for these new
classes and to include them in the Hibernate configuration (see EQUIP2_WebApp_Configuring_and_Building.html).
- update and tailore the database web forms interface for the new
classes (see EQUIP2_WebApp_Defining_the_Dataspace.html)
- carry on development, copying chunks from the tutorials, etc., as
- links to new docs (ds def)